The installation instructions for the fan are as follows:
- Install battery in the 509 Fan.
- Loosen the two top nuts and remove the top plate.
- Take the 509 Fan and center it in upper portion inside of your goggle frame. There are generally supporting ribs in this area of the goggle frame. Depending on the brand and model, you may have to slide the screws on the top of the 509 Fan a few millimeters left or right to avoid these supports.
- Gently push the 509 Fan upward so the metal screws protrude through the goggle vent foam. Check again to confirm the fan is centered.
- With the screws sticking up through the foam, place the top plate over the screws and tighten both nuts. Do not over tighten and never use pliers.
- Look inside the goggle and make sure the 509 Fan is fitted inside the goggle vent area and not misaligned in any way. It should fit between the front and rear flange of the goggle and should not be crushing one or the other. If misaligned, reposition and repeat step #5.